Friday, February 9, 2024

My Concerts #Amilikey

     


    Hi beloved bloggers of mine!!! So today's topic of discussion will be devoted to the concerts I have attended over the past few years. I started going to my very 1st concert back in 2019 at the Winter Jam at Amalie Arena in downtown Tampa. I was so amazed on how it felt to feel the beat on your chest, because of course the volume is loud enough to feel it on your body. At first, I was a bit startled and then I got used to it and started singing at the top of my lungs alongside everyone else. 

    It felt so good because I knew the majority of the songs and the artist so that was really nice too. I went with two other sisters in Christ that time so I felt really good being in a group setting. I then had the courage to attend the following year by myself and also enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the venue had changed locations from previous years so I was unable to attend the third year. After that I honestly was discouraged to attend and stopped going for a while until this year. 

    I hadn't really thought much about it because also going alone all the time to events gets tiring especially when you see everyone else go with their family and friends. Somehow, by divine intervention after inviting my mom to attend with me she finally decided to join me and that made me so happy I almost couldn't believe it. I took the day off of work in advance as a PDO day and was able to enjoy that annual Winter Jam concert with my mom and brother for the first time. She said she was willing to accompany me because this year the venue happened to be even closer than their usual location. Also, there was one of her favorite artist performing that night, so that was really cool to see her enjoy that moment. We sat all the way up to the top because every other seat was already taken and my brother couldn't be too close either to protect his hearing condition. 

    I of course knew most of the songs, so by the end of the concert I literally couldn't talk much because my voice was almost gone from all the singing. Major Lol. I love going to concerts, but I am hesitant when I know I have to go by myself. I try my very best not to let that get to me and keep me from enjoying the things I love to do. I did attend another concert from a solo artist last year on my own and that was also nice, because he was an artist I had listened to his new album right before the concert and was able to sing along. Again, there were those awkward moments when they said tell your neighbor this and that; place your arms around each other and lets embrace this song. 

    Full disclosure, I also always think maybe just maybe this will be the event I get to meet my Mr. Right and it will be a wonderful first time meeting you story-- but nope that never happens at these events. I literally had to sit next to this younger guy who I didn't say much other than hi. I waited patiently until the concert was about to start to ensure I wasn't taking anyone's seat and when I saw the lights dim I jumped up and sat two rows down where there were a few empty seats. I like being able to lift my hands in praise as I sing the beautiful worship songs and move around and he was just way too close and crowding my space. I am 100% sure he also felt relieved to know he now had more space to himself. Sitting next to people you don't know is also super awkward and annoying when you are trying to enjoy something by yourself. Any who, those are the few memories I have when attending concerts in my vida (life). I honestly wasn't feeling too inspired to blog today, but I want to keep up with the consistent component and aspect of being a blogger and sticking to my goals/commitments (also a way to practice and better my typing skills which are not as great as I'd like because I always mess up after like every five words or so and it drives me bananas and I don't appreciate that). I do have small fingers, so I can't keep my fingers on the designated keys that you are supposed to use when typing in a professional manner. Also, the same reason I am a terrible keyboard player and piano player if I ever play a few notes which I only learned maybe one song if that. 

    Alright, I have to wrap this baby up because I got to get ready for work and you know how that goes for us women -- there is a whole lot of things we have to ensure are done before we walk out the door (hair, make-up, pack our purses, etc.) Lastly, I always tell myself I am not going to share the link on my social media because it is an even greater discouragement to see that even with the link provided no one barely takes the time to view and read my humble blog --especially when you expect the support of your family and social media followers. It's sad to know the strangers online are the few that stumble across my blog from time to time. Well, I try my best to support others and their projects but it is never reciprocated in the same way -- like taking maybe top ten minutes to read this blog is so hard for them. So, have a great day and remember there is more content for your enjoyment using the one and only hashtag #amilikey on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and even weird new Twitter that has that ugly X new symbol. "You are not a mistake because God is perfect and He does not make mistakes, you have a purpose in life." 

Thank you and remember to subscribe, like, share, and comment some feedback!!!!


Love, 


Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo, 



Ana :) 


      

No comments:

Post a Comment