Thursday, July 5, 2018

Under the Knife


    Hola peeps !!! 

   I know you know there is only one way under the knife and that's through anesthesia. Correct!! ding ding 

   I have had over 60 surgeries in my lifetime and probably will acquire more as I do need a little skin relief. Plus, if I am fortunate to become a mother I might need a C-section too. I want to give  brief glimpse into my own personal experience. 

    I was usually admitted 8 days before surgery and had a hospital vacay back in the good old days when Shriners allowed for such things. I would have to bathe in the iodine red chemical that came in the form of a sponge and not allowed to consume food pass 12 a.m. 

      I was given some sleeping medicine even before the actual anesthesia to drowse me up I guess. Afterwards, once inside the OR (operating room) they put on all the cords and cables to monitor my vital signs. Then they administer the IV and finally put me under anesthesia by putting it in the IV and placing a mask over my mouth and nose. The nurse always said just count to ten and you'll be asleep. Please I barely made it to 3 and I was knocked out. 

    When I was waking up from anesthesia in the recovery room, I would be so damn thirsty and start to feel the open cuts they made in me in surgery. I would look around and try to see where the bandages were placed. Sometimes I would be like woah what just happened: for instance, one time I was operated on my knee and had a cast on all throughout my leg and I was freaking out a little bit. I was like damn it was just a small cut on the side why is my whole leg covered up. I later learned and understood it was to ensure I didn't attempt or try to bend or move my knee, so the cast made out of Velcro and wires kept it flat. 

    I was out of school for 3 months that time because I had had muscle dormant affect (not a medical true description but that's how I put it) which meant my knee muscle had been out of use for so long my knee literally would not bend so therefore I couldn't walk properly again. I had a lot of massages by my angel my mommy to get it to work again. Even when I returned to school I was given a key to the elevator because I couldn't walk up the stairs for like a week. 

    That same day of surgery, I would end up throwing up like crazy for a couple hours (it was my least favorite part of having a surgery). I complained and was given medicine before surgery to help with it but it only prolonged the wait but never eliminated it from happening. Anyways, I was given lots of morphine to control the pain after surgery and was also placed on antibiotics after every surgery to avoid infection from occurring. 

    I have really detailed unique stories on my list of surgeries, but I will leave those to my future #1 New York's Best Selling Book!!!! Yes, I am still working on my autobiography and it will be a hit. 

Love ya'll 


Xoxoxoxooxoxo, 


Ana :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment