Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Veterans

What is patriotism without caring for those that helped give us that right to be patriotic? It just doesn’t complete the sentiment of having patriotism. If you love your country, then how can you turn your back on those who gave up their very lives to protect your country. These men and women are not just anybody: they are veterans who deserve our respect and true appreciation. Sure, some might have been obligated by their own circumstances to join the military as a means out of their needs or life-issues; nonetheless, they made the choice to go willingly or grudgingly.

As a naturalized citizen, I am more thankful to this nation than any one naturally born here in America, for I know and value everything they have given to me. I will always treasure the several months spent volunteering for the local veterans hospital I attended to as a college student. I saw first hand the physical implications that come along being a veteran and the emotional distress it leaves behind. I feel good about giving back in just a small way to them through my volunteer work. Veterans are an interesting group of people who can absolutely exemplify the meaning of comradeship.

My post for completing my volunteer work was comprised of mainly veterans from the 70s maybe 80s I suppose since they’re in their mid 50s and 60s. They allowed me see the side effects of what it means to become a veteran of various types. Whether they served the minimum of four years and retired or they spent over 20 years then retired; I feel they all are deserving of the same validation of those who also have been at war. Yes, their experiences are different and no one can argue that point, but they all served our country and that is worthy of our honor unto them all.

When the time is right, as in I am in an affluent position, I will give back to our veterans in more ways than just a check to a foundation, but create a place they can call their own base camp. A place where they can come in and receive services for no charge at all and experience things maybe they’ve never had the opportunity to take part in because of their physical limitations or emotional distress. To all the wonderful veterans out there I, Ana Gonzalez, want to personally say, Thank you!!! I acknowledge your sacrifice and appreciate all that you have done to be a part of defending this nation. Nothing anyone says or does on your behalf will ever compensate your suffering and loss (to the fallen soldiers & their families), but know that this petite naturalized citizen cares for you and you are just one more spark to igniting my desire to succeed.

I will never be president of the United States of America, because I obviously don’t meet the requirements and my ambitions are far too great to be subject to any particular limitations like the secret service. Yes, I know I am so humble. Major Lol. Now, for real I will make a difference in peoples lives no matter what struggles come my way. I am the president of my blog and social media so that’s good enough for me. Thanks for reading this blog post and remember to salute and thank a veteran when you do meet one.

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo,

Ana :)
              

No comments:

Post a Comment